Moisturizing Baby Lotion For Newborns Made With Natural Ingredients
It is essential to keep your baby moisturized, especially if they are prone to dry skin. Most people confuse soft with moisturized; while your baby might have silky smooth skin, it can be prone to dryness.
Ever wonder why your baby’s skin is so soft?
Let’s get a bit technical.
Vernix Caseosa is an organic component that keeps your baby’s skin soft and smooth. Vernix is the visible white substance that covers a baby when it’s born. It acts as a barrier while keeping babies hydrated in their post-natal state. This natural moisturizer does not last forever, and sadly, even with Vernix, your baby can develop dry skin. There is no need to get alarmed because your baby’s skin is dry. Keeping it moisturized is an easy fix.
When Is the Right Time to Use a Baby Lotion?
Let’s begin by informing you that as long as the baby lotion is made up of gentle baby formula, it is safe to use it on your baby. We do recommend consulting your pediatrician just to be safe. In some instances, babies might be allergic to specific components of the lotion, even if the product is hypoallergenic and uses all-natural ingredients.
A safe way to try out a new product is to apply it only to a small area of your baby’s skin. If there are no signs of allergic reactions, it is okay to use the product.
Why Should I Choose Parasol’s Soft+Natural™ Baby Lotion for Newborns' Body & Face
Parasol’s Soft+Natural™ Baby Lotion for Newborns' Body & Face uses a plant-based formula that is extra for your baby’s soft and sensitive skin. Here are all the reasons why our baby lotion is every parent’s absolute favorite.
- Completely free of parabens, synthetic fragrances, perfumes, petroleum, sulfates, or artificial colors
- Has a calming lavender scent
- Soothes nourishes and moisturizes delicate or eczema-prone skin with 100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils making your baby’s skin soft and smell amazing
- Awarded 5-star certification by Dermatest® research institute and dermatologist recommended
- Wheat- and nut-free
- Certified cruelty-free—never tested on animals
- Ingredients: Organic Aloe Leaf Juice, Organic Coconut Oil, Emulsifying Wax, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Grapeseed Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Organic Lavender Oil, Chamomile Flower Oil, Xanthan Gum, Tetrasodium Glutamate Diacetate
Our customers are like our family, being a parent herself, the founder of Parasol, Jessica Hung makes an extra effort to ensure that the products are suitable and beneficial for little ones.
Things to Avoid When Choosing Baby Lotions
A common mistake a lot of parents seem to make is using lotions that have been formulated for adults on babies. A lot of adult body and face lotions contain fragrances, dyes, and additional anti-aging ingredients that can be harmful to babies. It is always recommended to use natural products that have been specifically formulated for babies. It’s necessary for the product to be gentle, fragrance-free, and free of preservative ingredients like parabens and sulfates.
It is also advised to steer clear of products with Vitamin C in them. Vitamin C has the tendency to make your baby super sensitive to sunlight making them prone to sunburns, hyperpigmentation, and other types of sun damage.
Lastly, look for the term ‘non-comedogenic’ when choosing baby lotions. The term means that the lotion or product won’t clog the pores of your baby’s skin leading to acne and irritation.
Why Should You Choose Organic or Natural Products for your Baby?
Organic skincare products are the best solution for babies because of a multitude of benefits –
Ingredients are not just 100% safe for babies but completely safe for the environment too.
- They are free of microplastics, nanoparticles, and Genetically Modified Organisms (GMO).
- They contain natural and biodegradable ingredients that protect the environment in the long run.
- Zero use of fragrance in the manufacturing process helps with curbing health effects like allergies, cancer, reproductive issues, and more.
- Unlike synthetic baby products, they don’t contain silicone. Silicone is derived from petroleum and can clog the pores of the baby’s skin.They are free of parabens. These are harsh preservatives commonly found in non-natural baby products and have been linked to hormonal disruption and breast cancer in many cases.
- They don’t have essential oils and alcohols which can act as allergens or irritants for sensitive skin.
- They are free of all forms of toxins.
- Various nutrients like Vitamin D and others present in them contribute to a baby’s development. They help babies develop skin cells making their vital organs more resistant to bacteria and germs – a form of immunity for newborn skin if you will.
Once you go natural, anything synthetic is a compromise. Looking for safe ingredients and labels and seeing beyond the packaging is what we recommend. Always consult a pediatrician for your baby’s skincare needs if you can afford them. When in doubt, go with Parasol to ensure your baby’s skin gets the best care it needs in this era where widespread use of non-organic chemical additives in skincare products has become the norm, unfortunately.
When is the Right Time to Apply Lotion on your Baby?
Even though this is something that stresses new parents a lot, the solution is more intuitive than you think. According to seasoned dermatologists, right after they’ve had a bath is the best time to moisturize your baby's skin. This way the moisture from the bath in the baby's skin gets trapped with the baby lotion.
Contrary to popular belief, frequent showers can, in fact, dry your baby’s skin out. Chemicals in soaps remove the natural oils produced by the baby's skin; making them dry, itchy, and uncomfortable. During the winter months, applying baby lotion regularly is also a good idea because the cool and dry air in your home can dry out your baby's thin and sensitive skin too.